MLD (Clinical Manual Lymphatic Drainage) – Dr Alison Merrick
Manual Lymphatic Drainage is a gentle and deceptively powerful clinical lymphatic massage that can stimulate lymphatic flow by 10-50 times its normal physiological speed. In doing so it has profound decongestive, detoxifying and anti-inflammatory effects on the body as well as enhancing immune function and cellular healing. Therefore, its clinical effects are many, reducing congestion, pain, bruising, inflammation and swelling, enhancing local immunity, tissue healing processes and tissue/organ detoxification.
CDT (Combined Decongestive Therapy) is also available and is a specialist combination of MLD, compression, exercise and skin care and is the gold standard Best Practice Protocol for the treatment/management of lymphoedema according to NICE guidelines.
- Specialist post-surgery recovery and healing
- Reduces pain, swelling and inflammation
- Promotes healing and reduces scarring
- Sports injury acute recovery
- Congestive migraines
- Tissue detoxification, pre and post-surgery and pre-fertility treatment
- Lymphoedema, primary and secondary, including post cancer
- Congestive disorders
- Inflammatory disorders
- Swollen ankles in pregnancy and due to venous insufficiency
- Can be used in conjunction with lymphatic taping
MLD is performed directly on skin so you may need to remove some clothing. You will be made comfortable and warm with blankets and pillows.
60 minutes £50
Course of 10 treatments POA
Please contact Alison
M: 07805 644125